Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Don't be jealous at how we do...


What happens when your friends are all famous, doing really important things -- getting interviews with huge newspapers, going on the radio, going on television, recognized in crowds, and literally changing the world?

I've been thinking about this recently. Wondering how a few of my friends are dealing with it. Because some of my friends are important and some aren't. How does that make the unimportant, useless ones feel?

Is it awkward when we get the best tables in all of the most exclusive restaurants?

Is it uncomfortable when our drinks are comp'd by a well-connected power player?

Is it crushing to not be able to join in conversations about Incredibly Important Things Concerning Incredibly Important People?

It must be difficult. It must make you feel small. It must make you feel irrelevant.

I don't subscribe to the Conservative-pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps school of fame. I'm perfectly fine with my friends reveling in my fame while not aspiring to their own.

You guys just keep on keeping on. You're living your own dream. I respect that.

Order another round of happy hour beers.

I'll meet you at the Caucus Room later... dinner is on me.

3 Comments:

At 10/25/2006 9:08 AM, Blogger Paul Zhao said...

What exactly do you guys do?

 
At 10/25/2006 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I really hate flying around the country, eating a expensive restaurants, staying at resort style hotels, and having people shake from fear when I show up to audit. And I'm so sick of my gold NWA, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, and Hertz memberships.

But then again, I suppose protecting the investing public isn't quite as important as what Q and C do.

Besides, the spotlight shines when you're up and blinds when you're down . . .

 
At 10/25/2006 3:18 PM, Blogger Paul Zhao said...

Well, the post started with "what happens when your friends are doing important things", so I guess "what you do" is somewhat relevant for this post?

The public wants to know what you guys do, give the public what they want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home