Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hooray for Stamps!

Maybe you too were born in Ohio and spent 3 weeks of the summer before 7th grade so fascinated by stamps you had to start your own collection. At least that's when I caught the fever.

The Elvis stamps were what got me. I went with the young Elvis because that was when he was really something. Few will admit it, but no one really liked fat Elvis except fat people, and maybe his cocaine connection. Americans just love a comeback tour and the more pathetic the better. Elvis: you had us at pink.

As you may know, numbers are my real passion (I heart you #27). Jeff560 at tripod helped all of us number lovers combine our passion for numbers with stamps by providing a comprehensive listing of stamps featuring prominent mathematicians throughout history . . . even Russia. This is a picture of a famous mathematician. Can you guess which one?
I can't read Russian either.

For some (read stupid) people, the excitement of collecting stamps is baffling. Listed below are just a few of the reasons to start collecting stamps from our friends at mysticstamp.com:

  • When you collect stamps, you are in complete control.
  • Stamps are affordable.
  • Stamps have a real history and romance [and] could have been used by a President, prominent scientist, or beloved entertainer – the possibilities are endless.
  • Stamp collecting always has something fun to offer... sorting, arranging and mounting your stamps, acquiring new ones, finding out the intriguing stories behind your stamps, exploring the fascinating world of watermarks, secret marks, errors, perforations, and so much more.
  • Whatever your interest, stamps provide you with an oasis of pleasure in an often hectic world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally, I'd rather fuck a donkey than collect stamps.

What would you rather do than collect stamps?

6 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger M. said...

I'd rather get an email from Rep. Foley (R-Fla.)

 
At 10/03/2006 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant even begin to tell you how many women I've lost over the years to damn stamp collectors. They get all the chicks!!! I hate you guys. Just when I think something special is happening between me and my girl some jerkoff has to show her his Russian stamp and then its all over. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.
- J

 
At 10/03/2006 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stamp collecting seem like a tedious task without much reward. Collecting CD's and sorting them and such, at least you can listen to them. What can you do with stamps, other than to look at them and realize how much time you wasted doing something you don't really truly enjoy, but did it just out of pure boredom?

 
At 10/03/2006 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather be in charge of Tara Reid's PR. - LKD

 
At 10/03/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Q. said...

Wait, is this donkey wearing lipstick, or no? Because that will definitely factor into my decision.

 
At 10/06/2006 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather listen to Paris Hilton's album without skipping any "songs."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home