Monday, October 09, 2006

Bless you boys!


I love the Detroit Tigers. Always have, always will. I hate the Yankees. Always have, always will. And I hate Yankee fans even more. Always have, always will. My hatred for Yankee fans is only exceeded by my hatred for Tim McCarver (Tim if you're reading this, I'll throw acid at you and maim you for life so you can never ruin my baseball experience again!).

Although it came as no surprise to me, I knew the Tigers would play well this year. In fact, C & Q both provided more than sufficient ridiculing when I asserted, all the way back in April, the Tigers would raise more than a few eye brows this season. Nostradamus I am not, as even my eye brows were raised. Not in my wildest dreams did I believe these boys would play so well and achieve so much.

But it comes as no surprise these boys still get no respect. John Kruk was the only 'analyst' on 'Baseball Tonight' who picked the Tigers to win Saturday. Not that Tino Martinez can really be considered an 'analyst,' given his significant inability to be objective, but thank you Kruky for understanding!!

Leyland called New York's line up 'murder's row, and then Cano.' Many called it the greatest in the history of the game. Joe Morgan continued commenting Friday night that good pitching stops good hitting, but didn't think good pitching could stop great hitting. Ignorantly, he never connected the dots to realize sometimes good pitchers pitch great games. And he certainly never gave Detroit the respect and credit it deserves.

None of this is new for Detroit. And Detroit doesn't care. Detroit shrugs it off and finds inspiration. Maybe this is why I've always been a Detriot Tigers fan and always will.

Bless you boys! Restore the Roar!

1 Comments:

At 10/09/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger Q. said...

Congrats, Z. Incidentally, you're my Tiger.

Also *yawn* is baseball OVER yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home