Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Comcastic-Fascism!

Dear Comcast,

You are evil. I subscribe to your unreliable cable and internet services. I endure long call times after my modem stops working. Lately, I've missed more work babysitting your inept service technicians then from hangovers. Each month, I bend over and write you a check for this 'service.' Isn't that enough?

I'm writing to inform you that if I see one more Comcastic commercial, I'm going to set the next Comcast van I see on fire. It's simple: for each Comcast commercial I see, I set one Comcast van on fire. It's time to put an end to Comcastic-Fascism.

In the year 2006, I thought we as a country, and as consumers, were sophisticated enough not to be fooled by fake journalists and infomercials (except for USA Today, of course). Did anyone at your company really think the 'Consumer Update' commercial series was funny or effective? If you did, then go play in traffic. I'm not even going to address the turtles.

Finally, if I already subscribe to your cable service and am watching a cable channel, there is no need for you to advertise for your cable service. How much advertising money are you losing each day? Did anyone ever tell you, that you are a monopoly and don't need to advertise? You have it better than the cigarette companies: Americans are addicted to TV and will always subscribe (Congress: Please form a committee to investigate TV addiction and how cable companies are hiding the truth. Drug Companies: Please R&D a prescription drug or gum for this addiction).

Dear elected government official,

In a free country, we're supposed to have choice. Your inactions guaranteed Americans all across the country will continue to be subjected to Comcastic-Fascism: cable monopolies ruining your constituents' attempts to view television programming without service interruptions or subscription commercials written by Marketing 101 students at the local community college.

In order to 'touch base' with your constituents, I'd like to request you subject yourselves to viewing, in their entirety, the Comcast 'Consumer Update' and 'Slowski' series. You may find them useful at Guantanamo.

I trust you'll do the right thing local elected government official. And your constituents will re-elect you by a landslide.

2 Comments:

At 9/26/2006 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nsiWait...we don't like the Slowskis?! They are cute! It's like, he's the domineering male and she's the witless female and it's funny! Because they're turtles! I mean, i'm with you on the whole "van torching" thing, but let's not get carried away here...

 
At 9/26/2006 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polish turtles g? Really? Remember 'Cool Runnings?' Not sure which is worse. Before you know it, they'll be using russian marathon runners or italian Eukre players. It's time the people take a stand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home