Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Living in Your Head

Do you have that time of day when you just kind of zone out? You know, you're just lost in thought, maybe talking aloud to yourself, oblivious to what you're actually doing?

For me, that time of day is in the morning. I'm walking around my apartment, getting ready for work, eating breakfast, grooming. My mind isn't really on what I'm doing. Maybe I'll put the orange juice in the microwave instead of the fridge -- because, hey, I'm holding orange juice, but I'm really thinking about making oatmeal. Know what I'm saying?

Sometimes I'll talk to myself. It may be unintelligible. It may be completely intelligible.

Today, I was in the bathroom, and I had just looked at my fingernails. Then, I looked up -- into the mirror -- and said (to myself): "Cut your fingernails you fucking junkie."

Now, I'm no junkie. And, I don't think I've ever shook hands with a junkie, much less examined his/her fingernails. But I said what I said nonetheless. It really just popped into my head.

Strange, huh? Yeah, I thought you all should know.

5 Comments:

At 9/07/2005 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...the fact that you found a closeup picture of nail clippers frightens me. please don't do that anymore.

on the zoning out note, driving back from the state capital today I "zoned out" or "fell asleep," whichever you prefer. Nothing is quite as fun as the rumble strips bringing you back to. Yeah, the adrenaline was pumping so wsell the rest of the trip I had no problem keeping my eyes open.

Now go get the cat out of the stove.

 
At 9/07/2005 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you make yourself laugh out loud?

 
At 9/07/2005 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I see you're quite clever, arne't you?

But not quite clever enough to figure out how to create a name to post comments under.

hmm...that makes me sad.

 
At 9/07/2005 9:56 PM, Blogger Q. said...

AW, stop heckling my commenters. I get few enough as it is...

 
At 9/07/2005 10:00 PM, Blogger Q. said...

And no, Anon, I didn't. But after reading about it, did you? It'd be nice to make some positive contributions to society through my craziness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home