Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pencils down, please

My hand really hurts. I just spent twenty minutes writing with a pencil and my hand really hurts. The writing is atrocious: pencil is smeared over the entire southeastern portion of the page (thanks to the coffee induced shaking which has persisted for 3 days . . ), the 'eraser' (nice try Thom Yorke) did nothing but smear my mistakes across the page like a child fingerpainting, and each sentence gently slopes downward because I can't write in a straight line. AND, my hand still hurts.

My handwriting is a hybrid of capitals, cursive, italics, and 'regular' letters. Someone once said my handwriting looked like comic book handwriting. I hate that person. But I really like my handwriting and take (some) pride in it. To be totally honest, I cross t's and scribble ing's better than you.

My hand still hurts. I guess that's why computers are good. They make your wrists hurt, but just a little.

Damn it. The pencil shavings just spilled all over the carpet. Where are the cleaning peoples when you need them? Hola? Donde esta?

4 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 9:27 AM, Blogger Q. said...

I once tried to give up "writing" for Lent. It didn't work out so well.

Me at the bank: "I'd like to cash this check please."

Teller: "You need to sign your name on the back."

Me: "YOU sign my name."

Teller: "Um..."

Me: "Fascist."

 
At 1/18/2007 9:35 AM, Blogger M. said...

Why do the cleaning people in this story have to be Hispanic? Merry Maids is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, bitches.

 
At 1/18/2007 3:20 PM, Blogger Paul Zhao said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's been ages since I've written something in pencil.

 
At 1/19/2007 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your mom is a cleaning people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home